iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max have arrived!
Apple today announced the arrival of highly anticipated iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max.
The new Super Retina XDR display is a pro display with the brightest display ever in an iPhone. The powerful Apple-designed A13 Bionic chip provides unparalleled performance for every task while enabling an unprecedented leap in battery life to easily get through the day. A new triple-camera system provides a pro-level camera experience with an Ultra Wide, Wide and Telephoto camera, delivering huge improvements to low-light photography and offering the highest quality video in a smartphone that is great for shooting action videos.
iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max come in four gorgeous finishes including a beautiful new midnight green, and will be available for pre-order beginning Friday, September 13 and in stores beginning Friday, September 20.
Design and Display
iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max have a textured matte glass back and polished stainless steel band, and come in four stunning finishes including a beautiful new midnight green. The most powerful devices are also designed to be durable — iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max feature the toughest glass ever in a smartphone and are rated IP68 for water resistance up to 4 meters for up to 30 minutes, and are protected against everyday spills including coffee and soda.
A13 Bionic, the fastest chip ever in a smartphone, provides unparalleled performance for every task iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max handle and features up to 20 percent faster CPU and GPU than A12. A13 Bionic is built for machine learning, with a faster Neural Engine for real-time photo and video analysis, and new Machine Learning Accelerators that allow the CPU to deliver more than 1 trillion operations per second. Together, A13 Bionic and iOS 13 make up the best machine learning platform in a smartphone.
All of this compute, graphics and ML performance is delivered while still enabling an unprecedented leap in battery life, with iPhone 11 Pro offering up to four more hours of battery life in a day than iPhone XS, and iPhone 11 Pro Max offering up to five hours more than iPhone XS Max.
iPhone 11 Pro introduces a transformative triple-camera system with all-new Ultra Wide, Wide and Telephoto cameras, deeply integrated into iOS to create a pro-level camera experience designed for everyone.
iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max set a new standard in video, with the highest quality video ever in a smartphone. Each camera in the triple-camera system records brilliant 4K video with extended dynamic range and cinematic video stabilization. With a wider field of view and large focal plane, the Ultra Wide camera is great for shooting action videos. Users can easily zoom between each of the three cameras, while Audio Zoom matches the audio to the video framing for more dynamic sound. With iOS 13, powerful video editing tools are accessible to everyone with the ability to rotate, crop, increase exposure and apply filters to videos instantly. These adjustments are easy to apply and review at a glance, so even a novice can create professional quality video projects.
The new Apple-designed U1 chip uses Ultra Wideband technology, the first ever in a smartphone, for spatial awareness. With iOS 13.1 coming on September 30, AirDrop gets even better with directionally aware suggestions.
Face ID, the most secure facial authentication in a smartphone, gets up to 30 percent faster and easier to use with improved performance at varying distances and support for more angles.
Spatial audio provides an immersive surround sound experience and Dolby Atmos delivers powerful, moving audio to iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max.
Gigabit-class LTE up to 1.6Gbps and Wi-Fi 6 allow for even faster download speed and Dual SIM with eSIM.
Featuring iOS 13
iOS 13 on iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max delivers a seamless experience with software and hardware integration unlike any other smartphone. iOS 13 introduces a dramatic new look with Dark Mode, a more private way to sign in to apps and websites with Sign In with Apple, and an all-new Maps experience.
With advanced Camera and Photos features, photo editing is more comprehensive and intuitive with powerful new tools that now extend to video editing. Portrait Lighting adjustments can be made right in the Camera app to adjust the intensity of light on a subject, and a new High-Key Mono effect creates a beautiful, monochromatic look for Portrait mode photos.
- iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max will be available in 64GB, 256GB and 512GB models in midnight green, space gray, silver and gold starting at $999 and $1,099, respectively. Customers can also get iPhone 11 Pro for $24.95 a month5 or $599 with trade-in6 and iPhone 11 Pro Max for $29.12 a month or $699 with trade-in from apple.com, in the Apple Store app and Apple Stores. iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max are also available through Apple Authorized Resellers and select carriers (prices may vary).
- Customers in the US, Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands and more than 30 other countries and regions will be able to pre-order iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max beginning at 5 a.m. PDT on Friday, September 13 with availability beginning Friday, September 20.
- Through Apple’s iPhone Upgrade Program, customers in the US can get iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max with the protection of AppleCare+, choose their carrier (no multiyear service contract required) and have the opportunity to upgrade to a new iPhone every year. The iPhone Upgrade Program is available for iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max at apple.com and Apple Stores in the US with monthly payments starting at $49.91.
- Customers who would like to pay monthly for their iPhone — including those trading in their current device or joining or upgrading through the iPhone Upgrade Program — can use the Apple Store app on their iPhone to get pre-approved until 9 p.m. PDT on Thursday, September 12, before iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max pre-order begins.
- iOS 13 will be available on September 19 as a free software update for iPhone 6s and later. Additional software features will be available on September 30 with iOS 13.1.7
- Apple Arcade on the App Store will be available with iOS 13 as a subscription for $4.99 per month and is launching with a one-month free trial.8 Users get unlimited access to the entire catalog of over 100 new, exclusive games, all playable across iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Apple TV.
- Apple TV+ will be available on the Apple TV app on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod touch, Mac and other platforms, including online (tv.apple.com), for $4.99 per month with a seven-day free trial. Starting today, customers who purchase any iPhone can enjoy one year of Apple TV+ for free.9
- Apple Arcade on the App Store and Apple TV+ on the Apple TV app join Apple’s breakthrough services that include Apple Music, Apple News+, Apple Pay and iCloud.
- Every customer who buys iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max from Apple will be offered free Personal Setup in-store or online to help customize their iPhone by helping transfer their data, wiping data from an old device, setting up email, highlighting new apps from the App Store and more.
- Customers get 3 percent Daily Cash when they buy iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Pro Max from Apple with Apple Card.
- Customers can extend their limited warranty with AppleCare+ and AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, and get 24/7 priority access to technical support.
|iPhone 11||iPhone 11 Pro||iPhone 11 Pro Max||iPhone XR||iPhone XS||iPhone XS Max|
|Display size, resolution||6.1-inch LCD Liquid Retina; 1,792×828 pixels||5.8-inch OLED Super Retina XDR; 2,436×1,125 pixels||6.5-inch OLED Super Retina XDR; 2,688×1,242 pixels||6.1-inch LCD Liquid Retina Display; 1,792×828 pixels||5.8-inch OLED Super Retina; 2,436×1,125 pixels||6.5-inch Super Retina OLED; 2,688×1,242 pixels|
|Pixel density||326ppi||458ppi||458ppi||326ppi||458ppi||458 ppi|
|Dimensions (Inches)||5.94×2.98×0.33 in||5.67×2.81×0.32 in||6.22×3.06×0.32 in||5.9×3.0x0.33 in||5.7×2.8×0.3 in||6.2×3.0x.3 in|
|Dimensions (Millimeters)||150.9×75.7×8.3 mm||144×71.4×8.1 mm||158×77.8×8.1 mm||150.9×75.7×8.3 mm||143.6×70.9×7.7 mm||157.5×77.4×7.7 mm|
|Weight (Ounces, Grams)||6.84 oz; 194g||6.63 oz; 188g||7.97 oz; 226g||6.8oz; 194g||6.2 oz; 177g||7.3oz; 208g|
|Mobile software||iOS 13||iOS 13||iOS 13||iOS 12||iOS 12||iOS 12|
|Camera||12-megapixel (wide), 12-megapixel (ultra-wide)||12-megapixel (wide), 12-megapixel (ultra-wide), 12-megapixel (telephoto)||12-megapixel (wide), 12-megapixel (ultra-wide), 12-megapixel (telephoto)||12-megapixel (wide)||12-megapixel (wide), 12-megapixel (ultra-wide)||12-megapixel (wide), 12-megapixel (ultra-wide)|
|Front-facing camera||12-megapixel with Face ID||12-megapixel with Face ID||12-megapixel with Face ID||7-megapixel with Face ID||7-megapixel with Face ID||7-megapixel with Face ID|
|Processor||Apple A13 Bionic||Apple A13 Bionic||Apple A13 Bionic||Apple A12 Bionic||Apple A12 Bionic||Apple A12 Bionic|
|Storage||64GB, 128GB, 256GB||64GB, 256GB, 512GB||64GB, 256GB, 512GB||64GB, 128GB (256GB no longer available)||64GB, 256GB, 512GB||64GB, 256GB, 512GB|
|RAM||Not disclosed||Not disclosed||Not disclosed||Not disclosed||Not disclosed||Not disclosed|
|Battery||Not disclosed, but Apple claims it will last 1 hour longer than iPhone XR||Not disclosed, but Apple claims it will last 3 hours longer than iPhone XS||Not disclosed, but Apple claims it will last 5 hours longer than iPhone XS Max||2,942 mAh (not officially disclosed by Apple)||2,658 mAh (not officially disclosed by Apple)||3,174 mAh (not officially disclosed by Apple)|
|Fingerprint sensor||None (Face ID)||None (Face ID)||None (Face ID)||None (Face ID)||None (Face ID)||None (Face ID)|
|Special features||Water resistant (IP68); dual-SIM capabilities (nano-SIM and e-SIM); wireless charging||Water resistant (IP68); dual-SIM capabilities (nano-SIM and e-SIM); wireless charging||Water resistant (IP68); dual-SIM capabilities (nano-SIM and e-SIM); wireless charging||Water resistant (IP67), dual-SIM capabilities (nano-SIM and e-SIM); wireless charging||Water resistant (IP68); dual-SIM capabilities (nano-SIM and e-SIM); wireless charging||Water resistant (IP68); dual-SIM capabilities (nano-SIM and e-SIM); wireless charging|
|Price off-contract (USD)||$699 (64GB), $749 (128GB), $849 (256GB)||$999 (64GB), $1,149 (256GB), $1,349 (512GB)||$1,099 (64GB), $1,249 (256GB), $1,449 (512GB)||Reduced to: $599 (64GB), $649 (128GB)||No longer on sale, were: $999 (64GB), $1,149 (256GB), $1,349 (512GB)||No longer on sale, were: $1,099 (64GB), $1,249 (256GB), $1,449 (512GB)|
|Price (GBP)||£729 (64GB), £779 (128GB), £879 (256GB)||£1,049 (64GB), £1,199 (256GB), £1,399 (512GB)||£1,149 (64GB), £1,299 (256GB), £1,499 (512GB)||Reduced to: £629 (64GB), £679 (128GB)||No longer on sale, were: £999 (64GB), £1,149 (256GB), £1,349 (512GB)||No longer on sale, were: £1,099 (64GB), £1,249 (256GB), £1,449 (512GB)|
|Price (AUD)||AU$1,199 (64GB), AU$1,279 (128GB), AU$1,449 (256GB)||AU$1,749 (64GB), AU$1,999 (256GB), AU$2,349 (512GB)|